OYDC ZAMBIA INTRODUCES MEDIA AWARDS
OYDC Zambia – Sports Development Centre, Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Fredrick Chitangala, has announced the introduction of the first ever OYDC Zambia Media Awards.
Dr. Chitangala says the inaugural awards will be done on 2nd November, 2019 during the 2019 Teulings Youth Sports Challenge Grand Finale at which deserving media personnel who have covered stories on OYDC Zambia will be awarded.
“It is with great pleasure, that I announce the introduction of the first ever OYDC Zambia Media Awards which will be presented to deserving media personnel on 2nd November, 2019. The introduction of the awards aims at honouring media practitioners and their media institutions for the unwavering support they have continued to render to OYDC Zambia from the time the facility opened its doors to the public in 2010” Dr. Chitangala says.
And Dr. Chitangala, says media personnel who wish to enter for the awards will be required to submit articles on OYDC Zambia published from January 2019 to date and ensure that they prepare to attend the Awards Gala to be held on 2nd November, 2019.
The categories for the 2019 awards are:
- Best Teulings Youth Sport Challenge article (Print & Broadcast)
- Best OYDC Business article (Print & Broadcast)
- Best OYDC Media partner (Print & Broadcast)
- Best OYDC Documentary (Radio & TV)
Meanwhile, Dr. Chitangala has disclosed that entries into the awards has officially opened and receiving of submissions entries will come to a close on the 30th October, 2019.
He urges reporters to consider entering the awards stating that all entries will be scrutinized by highly experienced media experts and those who will be shortlisted will be awarded accordingly.
- Journalists must submit their newspaper screenshots, links and recordings of published OYDC articles
- Must belong to a media house and be recommended by news editors for entry
- Must indicate category of interest
- Journalists are allowed to submit only two articles (published)
- Journalists must be ready to attend the awards gala and make announcements prior to their attendance
- All entries should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
About OYDC Zambia – Sports Development Centre
OYDC Zambia – Sports Development Centre, formerly known as the Olympic Youth Development Centre, was established as a result of a partnership between the International Olympic Committee (IOC), National Olympic Committee of Zambia (NOCZ) and the Government of the Republic of Zambia to provide positive sport and lifestyle opportunities to underserved communities and groups.
For media inquiries contact